Thursday, May 17, 2007

Parting Shots

Before I go visit my dear friend on the other side of the world, I'd like to give Don Asmussen a serious thumbs up. I believe that I once, in an earlier work, referred to Don's contribution "Bad Reporter" as "the only legit thing our sub par local paper has to offer," or something of the sort. I stand by that statement. Yesterday our pal Donny (why not?) blessed readers with this gem:



Bad Reporter only appears a few times a week, which makes it all the more exciting, is pretty much always funny, and is often sort of innapropriate, but not in a way that makes me feel funny inside (see the Fusco Brothers), rather in a way that makes me think "Way to go Donny, push the limits!" in a cheerleady sort of way.

Also, after being forced to look at pictures of Phil Spector's hair on the front page without any comment from the "good reporters" covering his trial, I delighted in a bit of mockery. Because, seriously, this man is clearly a psychopath.



And a genius and stuff too. If I had the technological capability to post a Ronettes mp3 I'd do that.

I say, Donny (you hate it when I call you that, don't you?), you oughtta address another hair crisis in our times: Nick Swisher's decision to cut his flowing mane, which I guess he was only growing out to donate to cancer patients in the first place. Sigh. Nick Swisher's hair: I hardly knew ye. If I had the technological capability I would create an epic photoshopped image of me caressing his shining tresses with tears in my eyes.

See you in a few weeks blogosphere! I would appreciate it if someone would create a binder for me filled with the 'mix I'll be missing, preferably laminated.

1 comment:

Micah Allen said...

do hairstyles feature as prominently in BR as my extremely limited exposure to it would suggest? i've seen it twice, and both times it has featured the replacement of a portion of a familiar landmark with the hairdo of a famous personality. both instances were very funny, though.

have fun in india, 'MG69! here's a tip to make the stay more fun: "ganja" is Indian for weed, and everyone there totally smokes, from the lowliest serf to the highest maharaja (you better believe that P was totally I'd!). that's why they call it "the giant jamaica of the East."