Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This so riled me up, that I forgot to title this post

Hi. I made the mistake of reading Garfield this morning:

Does this make anyone else as uncomfortable as it makes me? Who the fuck is this "Xan"? What is Jon even doing going into this "Xan's Cafe Caffeine" when Irma knows exactly how he likes his coffee?? Is gentrification really so bad in Pittsburgh that her diner closed and this asshole's cafe opened up??? And maybe most importantly, what in the name of all things natural is a human being in the Garfield-verse doing with a FUCKING nose of those dimensions???? Seriously: something that makes "Adam@Home" look ahead of its time by comparison should not exist, and the sack of shit who draws Adam watched enough episodes of Friends to piece together what a barista was 15 years ago. I for one am hoping that the clown at PAWS, Inc who is responsible for this sorrowful misstep gets a stern dressing-down from the guiding force behind the pen himself. But I'm resigning myself to at least a few more of these strips in the meantime.

In other, more pleasant news, I think it's safe to say we can expect some coincidence-based wackiness to liven up the lives of the Patterson clan this week. A certain fallen tree sure will make it a little harder to "leave" that house...eh?! I'm getting the feeling April might not be staying with John and Elly for too long, though. I'm wondering/hoping that where she winds up may have a little something to do with the difficulties Iris is having caring for Jim on her own? My heart for one would be warmed to see April giving back to the man who gave to her so generously.

Finally, to Fusco nay-sayers, I direct you to today's strip, and invite you to eat your words.

Nothing but net, Duffy.

3 comments:

thera said...

obviously garfield is appealing to THE KIDS in this strip. you know, these days kids are always hanging out a coffee shops with baristas who have crazy names for their newfangled coffee drinks. i totally identify. (plus that coffee dude is obviously straight-edge. a play to expand their constituency to fans of Youth of Today fans.)

comixdood420 said...

How in the name of Nermal do you even pronounce "Xan"? They obviously tried to slip this shit by Jim while he was on vacation. I'll quote the X-man himself on this one: This is a joke, right?

Micah Allen said...

you must be right, thera--- i'm sure this strip is now hanging with pride on the klekolo cash register.