Tuesday, July 8, 2008

In which we, as citizens, are called to duty

This is a special time for the people of the San Francisco Bay Area. It is a time when we are called to exercise the rights that our forefathers laid out for us, to awake from our stupor of ineffectualness , to look beyond the smear campaigns and petty politics, and to decide for ourselves which comics have the moral fiber, the consistent delivery of chuckle worthy gags, and the humanity to grace what we here like to call "the page."

That's right readers, the Chronic is giving us a chance to ax up to five sucktastic comics and replace them with potentially awesome new ones. I know you're thinking what I'm thinking: we might be able to get the fuck rid of Lio. Each day this week a slew of new 'mix will grace the Datebook, and we get to vote for up to five of them. Even more importantly (because we here and RD & C w/ T are all about negativity) we get to vote against five current comics! You want endorsements you say? After I've assessed the worthiness of the candidates, you can expect the definitive CG69 guide to casting your vote. How does this voting happen you ask? Well, you can fill out the ballot that comes with your daily dose of 'mix and send it in, or you can go here. I would like to note that one half of the blog team in currently on tour, but that I certainly hope that recognize their duty as citizens of the comicsphere to cast an absentee ballot. The other quarter of the production team currently resides in the land of "the Sidekick," that much debated vehicle for Boston area 'mix. But in my book, all lovers of the 'mix -near and far- must take responsibility for the pages of the Chronic. By which I mean, all lovers of the 'mix who agree with me and will vote for the comics that I like and against the ones that I don't like.

Egad, it's already Thursday! Go read the comics already!

1 comment:

thera said...

OMFG IT IS THE LAST DAY OF FOR BETTER OR WORSE